April 29, 2014

The Gaya Applecross

ANN-YEONG EVERYBODY! 

I know i've been on a long hiatus since my last post however I had a ton of stuff to do and I am now back in Perth after a relaxing ten day camping trip with my family up in Exmouth & Karijini. In the north of WA - the Ningaloo Reef and Pilbara regions!

On to the second food post for the year, just before my departure I visited The Gaya! I was very fortunate to receive an email from the lovely owner - Cho Leo. He invited me to a dinner at The Gaya! So I gathered up my closest gal pals - sisters and cousin an had a delicious korean dinner.



Food:

Starters: Kimchi aranchini Balls, fried cheese & korean rice cakes (in background), 
beef cream rolls and fried oysters.

Mains: Beef short ribs, spicy pork belly pancakes (with fried wedges, sour cream and colourful mix lettuce), Beef Ribs with sticky rice pancake and radish and the famous 36PorkBelly

Desserts: Green tea ice-cream, Gaya Ho Tuck, chocolate fudge, matcha mochi and red misu!

The Gaya is located just south of the river in Applecross, inside the Applecross arcade across from Il Ciao. They are open on Tuesday - Sunday from 5:30pm til 10:00pm and on Saturdays they also run a lunch service from 11:30am - 2:30pm (closed Mondays).

I enjoyed having dinner at The Gaya and it was quite a different experience as most Korean dining places in Perth seem to be all about the BBQ! 

I think the ambience and setting does need a bit of a revamp - brighter lights & upbeat tunes? 
aside from that I loved the food and the set menu ($45 p/h) in which each guest receives one starter, main and dessert is highly recommended. We chose the set menu and shared all the food between us and by the end of the night we were very full and satisfied!!

return? likely ~ 

love, louie!


The Gaya Applecross on Urbanspoon

(o・ω・o)ノ

[BOLD ITEMS - RECOMMENDED //
 all photos have been taken on fujifilm x10 and photographed by Louie from LOUMIS!]

No comments:

Post a Comment