May 31, 2013

Vegie Head

TGIF

So this week is the second last week before exam break begins for uni and I have from now until the 18th of June to make sure im prepared and study as much as I can to pass this semester !!

Unfortunately this week I have done no study unless reading about different foods and recipes count ;) 

I have made this blog post to talk about the recipe I tried out courtesy of the lovely Adele from Melbourne, Australia. She runs of a website dedicated to vegetarian, vegan and paleo foods, she has loads of recipes and I really recommend you guys all go visit her site!! 

On to the recipe now.. introducing the no bake 'nutella' slice

the first time reading the title I thought oh god.. im gonna have to go buy a bunch of unknown expensive ingredients etc but reading the recipe the list of foods needed was not particulary hard nor expensive to buy and find. 

the ingredients included:

  • 1 cup raw hazlenuts
  • 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
  • 2 tbsp coconut sugar
  • 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 tsp hazlenut extract (optional)
There was also a ganache topping involved however I did not include that/ make it in my recipe and I also did not use hazlenut extract. 

(for a full breakdown of the recipe visit http://www.vegiehead.com/desserts.html)

NO BAKE 'NUTELLA' SLICE

It was a very simple, easy and I must admit tasty recipe!! 

A disclaimer that I will add is that you have to understand raw cacao powder is naturally sweet and the taste of these squares are a lot more bitter than your usual chocolate fudge slices and so forth. Personally I appreciate the flavour and taste and I love this recipe but my family on the other hand were munching away on normal cadbury milk chocolate, so its not everybody's cuppa tea. 




Adele has countless great recipes up on the website and I look forward to trying the hazlenut chocolate tart very soon hopefully in the next week or so!! 

Photography courtesy of moi

For more information about Vegie Head visit Adele @ vegiehead.com

follow her on instagram @ vegiehead
follow her on twitter @ vegiehead1
like her on fb @ /vegieheadpage

Hope you guys enjoyed my recipe post & review and 
have a great weekend   

ps. don't forget to follow me on instagram for daily updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment