March 18, 2013

Sunday dinner with family ♡

I just had to blog about this because I had such a good time and the food was amazing! 
My cousin and her husband invited me and a couple of other relatives over for dinner. She had made Chilli Crabs, Lamb Shanks and Red Velvet Cupcakes.

Liv cooked the best chilli crabs i've ever had. They were real spicy and even though my mouth was on fire I couldn't resist eating the sauce!! They crabs were caught from Perth's Swan River and after a bit of bashing before cooking these babies we didn't even need shell crackers to get the meat out of the arms and legs afterwards. Bottom line - extremely meaty and tasty!! 


Liv also decided to cook Lamb Shanks and for anybody that knows me really well I LOVE LAMB. Sadly at home we usually only eat beef or chicken so I just salivate and get really excited every time I get the chance to eat it! The recipe was courtesy of Jamie Oliver and the Shanks were slow cooked, meat falling off the bone and the rich spiced sauce left me licking the plate til it was clean! 


To finish off the amazing dinner she made delectable Red Velvet cupcakes! They were the best Red Velvet cupcakes I've ever tasted, topped off with classic cream cheese frosting. Definitely a sweet ending to a beautiful night! 

Thanks Dan and Olivia for hosting 


CHILLI CRABS w/ spicy curry sauce
LAMB SHANKS w/carrots and mash potato

RED VELVET CUPCAKES  w/ a cream cheese frosting

for more daily food updates follow me on instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment