March 24, 2013

Saturday Night Fun!


Hi All,

As you know tonight I went to the Alliance Francaise French Film Festival and saw Happiness Never Comes Alone. My expectations were average for the film after seeing the rating given on IMDB... now that movie deserved more than the 6.2/10 Im my opinion it was an 8/10.

I loved the film it was funny, cute and romantic and Sophie Marceau never disappoints me :') 

Before the film me and my cousin had Dinner at Bivouac Canteen and Bar located on William St! (I know I mentioned in the post before that I'd be dining at Olivers but last minute changes and decisions we ended up at B!!) 

The menu was changed to suit Autumn/Winter and so we ordered the haloumi and watermelon salad to share as well as two mains - Pan Fried Gnocchi and Crispy Pork Belly! The food was AMAZING, I have never been so full in my life though! Would've loved to have dessert too but yeah... my stomach wasn't really going to let that happen. Its the fourth time I've visited Bivouac and I definitely recommend it to anybody who's thinking whether or not its worth it. 



Grilled haloumi, watermelon, green olive, pistachio, mint and grape molasses dressing.

crispy skin linley valley pork belly, green beans, smoky eggplant purèe, quince and walnut crumble.
pan-fried gnocchi, beetroot, ibérico, goat curd, hazlenuts, currants
and swiss chard.

The courses from Bivouac Canteen and Bar and photography courtesy of my cousin @ sprinklingofspice / instagram: sprinklespice


for more info about Bivouac checkout their website @ bivouac

like their fb page @ /Bivouac-Canteen-Bar

hope you all had a fabulous saturday xxxxxx

ps. for more daily updates follow me on instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment